Credit Union Member Benefits
Benefits of Membership
Electro Savings Credit Union’s members own the credit union. Member-owners recognize benefits proportionate to their financial transactions and use of the credit union's products and services. The more you use your credit union, the more you benefit.
- Kasasa Protect®
- Emergency Assistance Program
- Member Promotions
- Auto Loan Refinance Program
- Member Referral Program
- Member Shred Weeks
- Free Help Understanding Your Finances and Credit
- Discounts on Auto, Home, Health and Term Life Insurance
Member Referral Rewards
Share your Electro Savings experience. The best compliment you can give us is a referral. You like us, so spread the word about your credit union.
Tell a friend, co-worker or family member about Electro savings, and we’ll give you $25 when your referral mentions your name and opens a qualifying Checking Account or Loan.*
Plus, your referral receives a $100 VISA Gift Card for opening a qualifying Checking Account or Loan!*
We’ve made it easy for you to spread the word about Electro Savings with your friends, co-workers and family. Print a Member Referral form, or email us and we’ll send you Member Referral Cards to hand out.
* Referral cannot be an existing ESCU member or joint member. New member receives incentive for completing one of the following actions: 1) open a new qualifying checking account with a minimum $100 direct deposit and at least six (6) signature debit card transactions within first 60 days; new account must be open and in good standing for 60 days; or 2) open a new loan with minimum balance of $10,000; new loan must be open and current for 90 days. Current member receives incentive when new referred member meets all incentive qualifications. Both incentives are subject to 1099 reporting. There is no limit to the number of new members an existing member may refer. Limit one incentive payment per new member. Membership eligibility is required.
ESCU may modify or discontinue this offer without notice.
Member Shred Weeks
Free Shred Weeks are available for primary members ages 62 and older, and all primary members who are enrolled in e-statements. The credit union offers shred weeks each quarter.
2019 Member Shred Weeks
- Monday, February 4 - Saturday, February 9
- Monday, May 6 - Saturday, May 11
- Monday, August 5 - Saturday, August 10
- Monday, November 4 - Saturday, November 9
Eligible members may drop off up to five (5) pounds of personal papers for shredding during lobby hours at any of our four branch locations. In order to ensure security of your personal documents, we require you check in with a Member Service Representative or Teller when dropping off papers.
Clean Up Your Credit with Free Financial Counseling
Over 75% of Electro Savings Credit Union’s employees are Certified Financial Counselors, trained to help our members clean up their credit and enhance their lives through one-on-one financial counseling. If you need help with home budgeting, debt management, credit rebuilding, or any other financial concern, we can help. And best of all, this service is free for Electro Savings members. Your counselor will review your credit report with you thoroughly and help you find areas where you can make improvements.* It's completely free and confidential, and only takes about 30 minutes.
Take the first step, call us today at (314) 434-6470, toll-free (800) 844-8313 to set an appointment with one of our certified financial counselors at our Maryland Heights, Wildwood, Manchester/Ballwin or South County offices. We don’t judge you, we help you!
*Documented approval to pull credit report required, for the purpose of loan review or the request of credit. To qualify for a credit report pull, must be a current member or eligible for membership.