Credit Union Member Benefits
Benefits of Membership
Electro Savings Credit Union’s members own the credit union. Member-owners recognize benefits proportionate to their financial transactions and use of the credit union's products and services. The more you use your credit union, the more you benefit.
- Community Donations and Support
- Member Promotions
- MORe Rewards Program
- Member Referral Program
- Auto Loan Refinance Program
- Member Shred Weeks
- Free Help Understanding Your Finances and Credit
- Discounts on Auto, Home, Health and Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits That Fit Your Lifestyle & Budget
- Love My Credit Union Rewards
- Sprint Cash Rewards
Auto Loan Refinance Program
Do you love your car, but hate your payment? With our Auto Loan Refinance Program, qualifying members* can lower their car payment, and pick a Thank You reward when an existing auto loan is refinanced from another lender to Electro Savings Credit Union.
• 1% cash rebate up to $500 based on the amount of the new Electro Savings loan or,
• Wait to make the first payment on a new Electro Savings loan for 90 days or,
• Receive an instant issue $100 VISA® Gift Card at loan closing
Watch for a pre-qualifying offer in the mail in early January and July.*
* Information from a credit bureau is used in connection with this program. Qualifying members receive this offer because they satisfied certain credit union criteria for creditworthiness as of the date of the credit bureau information. Details are supplied on qualifying offers. Not all members qualify for this program.
MORe Rewards Program
Our Member Owner Relationship (MORe) Rewards Program acknowledges eligible members with additional opportunities because of their active use of the credit union. Members qualify for MORe Rewards by actively using the credit union's products and service during the previous calendar year. The more you use your credit union, the more you save. Click here to review MORe Rewards qualifications.
MORe Rewards Members receive these special discounts based of their Relationship Tier. Call us at (314) 434-6470 or email us to learn if you are eligible and at what tier.*
|Overdraft or NSF 1
|See Fee Schedule||One (1) waived per year||One (1) waived per year||One (1) waived per year|
|Box of Checks 2||$10 off||$15 off||Free standard box or equivalent amount off|
|Auto or Personal Loan 3
|See Loan Rates||0.25% rate discount||0.25% rate discount||0.25% rate discount|
Certificate of Deposit 4
|See Deposit Rates||0.25% rate bump||0.25% rate bump||0.25% rate bump|
|Safe Deposit Box Rental
|See Annual Rates||Retail||$25 off||$25 off|
|Domestic Wire Transfer
|See Fee Schedule||Retail||One (1) free per calendar quarter||One (1) free per month|
|See Fee Schedule||Retail||One (1) free per calendar quarter||One (1) free per month|
|Money Order or Certified Check
|See Fee Schedule||Retail||Two (2) free per month||Unlimited free|
|Visa Gift Card Activation
|See Fee Schedule||$2 off per card||$3 off per card||Up to five (5) per year free; $3 off per card thereafter|
*Current MORe Rewards offers expire on January 31 every calendar year. Member must qualify to use MORe Rewards. MORe Rewards are not transferrable to other members. Limit one reward per category per 12-month cycle. Members may not combine MORe Rewards with other offers.
1) You must contact ESCU for fee refund. 2) Account will be charged the full price for check purchases. A $10 refund will appear on the account within two business days of the initial charge. 3) A $10,000 minimum vehicle loan or $2,500 minimum signature loan required. Current ESCU loans are ineligible for refinance with this offer. Real estate loans, business loans and credit cards are not eligible for offer. All loan applications are subject to loan approval in accordance with our lending policies. 4) CD funds must be new money to ESCU. A $1,000 minimum opening balance is required, with a maximum opening balance of $10,000. All other 12-month CD terms and conditions apply. MORe Rewards bump rate is only for original CD and will not be reapplied to the CD if allowed to roll over at maturity.
ESCU may modify or discontinue this program without notice.
Member Referral Rewards
Share your Electro Savings experience. The best compliment you can give us is a referral. You like us, so spread the word about your credit union.
Tell a friend, co-worker or family member about Electro savings, and we’ll give you $25 when your referral mentions your name and opens a qualifying Checking Account or Loan.*
Plus, your referral receives a $75 VISA Gift Card for opening a qualifying Checking Account or Loan!*
We’ve made it easy for you to spread the word about Electro Savings with your friends, co-workers and family. Print a Member Referral form, or email us and we’ll send you Member Referral Cards to hand out.
* Referral cannot be an existing ESCU member or joint member. New member receives incentive for completing one of the following actions: 1) open a new qualifying checking account with a minimum $100 direct deposit and at least six (6) signature debit card transactions within first 60 days; new account must be open and in good standing for 60 days; or 2) open a new loan with minimum balance of $10,000; new loan must be open and current for 90 days. Current member receives incentive when new referred member meets all incentive qualifications. Both incentives are subject to 1099 reporting. There is no limit to the number of new members an existing member may refer. Limit one incentive payment per new member. Membership eligibility is required.
ESCU may modify or discontinue this offer without notice.
Member Shred Weeks
Free Shred Weeks are available for primary members ages 62 and older, and all primary members who are enrolled in e-statements. The credit union offers shred weeks each quarter.
2018 Member Shred Weeks
- Monday, February 5 - Saturday, February 10
- Monday, May 7 - Saturday, May 12
- Monday, August 6 - Saturday, August 11
- Monday, November 5 - Saturday, November 10
Eligible members may drop off up to five (5) pounds of personal papers for shredding during lobby hours at any of our four branch locations. In order to ensure security of your personal documents, we require you check in with a Member Service Representative or Teller when dropping off papers.
Clean Up Your Credit with Free Financial Counseling
Over 75% of Electro Savings Credit Union’s employees are Certified Financial Counselors, trained to help our members clean up their credit and enhance their lives through one-on-one financial counseling. If you need help with home budgeting, debt management, credit rebuilding, or any other financial concern, we can help. And best of all, this service is free for Electro Savings members. Your counselor will review your credit report with you thoroughly and help you find areas where you can make improvements.* It's completely free and confidential, and only takes about 30 minutes.
Take the first step, call us today at (314) 434-6470, toll-free (800) 844-8313 to set an appointment with one of our certified financial counselors at our Maryland Heights, Wildwood, Manchester/Ballwin or South County offices. We don’t judge you, we help you!
*Documented approval to pull credit report required, for the purpose of loan review or the request of credit. To qualify for a credit report pull, must be a current member or eligible for membership.
TruStage® Auto, Home, Health and Life Insurance
Insurance the credit union way.
Insurance protection is part of a solid financial plan. From getting a good rate on coverage for your car to making sure your life insurance is adequate, dependable insurance coverage ensures financial relief when you need it. And along the way, you’ll take comfort in knowing you’re protected.
TruStage insurance products and programs help members protect what matters most. Backed by more than 80 years of working in partnership with credit unions and their members, you’ll find products and programs for life, car, accidental death and dismemberment, and home and more. And they’re only available to credit union members like you.
Welcome to TruStage and insurance the credit union way. To learn more, get quotes or just explore, visit TruStage.com.
© Copyright 2015, TruStage. All Rights Reserved.
TruStage™ insurance products and programs are made available through TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC. Life insurance and AD&D insurance are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company. Auto and Home Insurance Program are issued by leading insurance companies. The insurance offered is not a deposit, and is not federally insured, sold or guaranteed by your credit union.
The Family Security Plan®’s products have been protecting thousands of credit union families for over 40 years. The Family Security Plan® offers voluntary supplemental insurance benefits that fit your lifestyle and budget.
The Family Security Plan® is different from other insurance companies. Getting coverage is quick and easy, all you need to do is answer a few simple questions and no physical exam is required.* The Family Security Plan® also offers personalized service and will find a plan that fits your unique needs.
The following suite of products is available to credit union members:
- Whole Life Insurance
Secure your family’s future with permanent protection that never expires. Should you need cash for any purpose, you may borrow against the cash value in your life insurance policy.
- Disability Income Insurance
In the event that you are unable to work due to a disabling injury or illness this is a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have income.
- Critical Illness Insurance
Focus on getting better with a lump sum benefit paid directly to you upon the first diagnosis of a covered critical illness.**
- Accident Insurance
Handle the medical and out of pocket costs that add up after a covered accidental injury with this benefit.
A personal planner from The Family Security Plan® will help you design a plan specifically for you. Call 855-789-4976 today for a complementary consultation or visit the rep in the credit union lobby. Want more information? Visit www.familysecurityplan.com
*Issuance of a policy and the payment of benefits may depend on the answers provided in the application and the truthfulness thereof.
**Covered critical illnesses are defined in the policy.
Everyone is looking for ways to save money, and that's just what Love My Credit Union Rewards is all about.
As an Electro Savings member, you have exclusive discounts and benefits on products and services you use every day. Credit union members across the U.S. have already saved over $1 billion with Love My Credit Union Rewards discounts. So along with lower loan rates and fewer fees, here’s another way Electro Savings Credit Union members can save even more.
- Save on select regularly priced Sprint monthly service
- Savings of up to 50% off other popular plans from CU Road Pal
- Save up to $15 on TurboTax Federal tax products Click here to go to TurboTax website
- Save on services for your home from ADT, DIRECTV, Allied, and more
- Earn cash back when you shop at over 1,500 online retailers with Love to Shop
Start saving today at LoveMyCreditUnion.org.
Download the free Love My CU Rewards app for Android and iPhone
Get a $100 Cash Reward for Every New Line You Switch to Sprint
This new exclusive cash rewards offer is our best one EVER! Now, as a credit union member, you can earn $100 for every line when you switch to Sprint®.
Here’s how it works:
- Members get a $100 cash reward for every new line when you switch to Sprint®.
- Current Sprint customers will receive a $50 cash reward for every line transferred into Sprint Credit Union Member Cash Rewards.
- Plus, get a $50 loyalty cash reward every year for every line.
- Credit union members are eligible for 25% off accessories with the Sprint Credit Union Member Cash Rewards program
Here’s how to sign up for Sprint cash rewards:
- Become a Sprint customer.
- Register at LoveMyCreditUnion.org/SprintRewards.
- Allow up to six to eight weeks to see cash rewards directly deposited into your credit union account!
Make the switch today and save with the Sprint Credit Union Member Cash Rewards!