Credit Union Member Benefits
Electro Savings Credit Union’s members are our owners; therefore, they contribute to, and democratically control, the capital of the cooperative. Members recognize benefits in proportion to the extent of their financial transactions and general usage.
At the 2017 Credit Union National Association’s Governmental Affairs Conference, Electro Savings was recognized for providing more than $2.6 million in direct financial benefits to our members for the fiscal year ending in September 2016. These benefits equal out to approximately $259 per member household, or $1,820 per household for our high-use members. The credit union provided these benefits by charging less for loans, paying more on deposits and charging fewer/lower fees compared to for-profit financial institutions.
In addition to a direct financial benefit of approximately $259 per member household, Electro Savings returned an additional $156,400 to our member-owners and the community through the following programs and community involvement efforts in 2016.
- Community Donations and Support
- Member Appreciation Rebate
- Member Promotions
- Member Referral Program
- Auto Loan Refinance Program
Here are the other programs that directly benefit our member-owners:
- MORe Rewards Program
- Member Shred Weeks
- Free Help Understanding Your Finances and Credit
- Discounts on Auto, Home, Health and Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits That Fit Your Lifestyle & Budget
- Love My Credit Union Rewards
- Sprint Wireless Discounts
- Six Flags St. Louis Theme Park Tickets
Member Appreciation Rebate Program
In December 2016, the credit union's Board of Directors approved paying 1,787 of our most active member-owners a 2016 Member Appreciation Rebate. This rebate was paid to eligible members in January 2017. Check your Savings Account online or with our mobile app to see if you qualified and received our 2016 Member Appreciation Rebate.
2016 marks the 4th consecutive year the credit union's Board of Directors approved paying our most active members a Member Appreciation Rebate. As a not-for-profit credit union, we share our profit with all our members in the form of better rates, and lower and fewer fees. Thank you to all our members for choosing us for your personal and business banking relationship. Our Member Appreciation Rebate is a special thanks to our most active members for making us their financial institution of first choice.
What is a Member Appreciation Rebate?
A Member Rebate is a distribution that a cooperative pays to its members based on a proportion of profit made by the cooperative. The distribution is calculated according to how much each member has used the cooperative's services. In simple terms as this applies to Electro Savings Credit Union, the more a member uses our products and services, the more we are able to give back to that member.
Each year the credit union's Board of Directors must approve paying a Member Appreciation Rebate. If approved, qualifying members receive a rebate the following January based on each member's credit union usage during the previous calendar year as defined below.
A Member Appreciation Rebate must be approved by the credit union's Board of Directors each year. This means there is no guarantee that a Member Appreciation Rebate will be paid.
How do I qualify for the Member Appreciation Rebate?
Our Member Appreciation Rebate Program is designed to reward Electro Savings members who actively use their Electro Savings checking account and have at least one other loan or non-checking deposit account in addition to a Regular Share Account at Electro Savings.
In order to qualify, members must meet all four of the following criteria in the previous calendar year as of December 31.
- Be a member in good standing and,
- Have an active checking account defined as making at least 144 withdrawals and,
- Have at least one monthly automatic or direct deposit of $100 or more in each of the past three months and,
- Have at least one other loan or non-checking deposit account in addition to a Regular Share Account.
There are two Member Appreciation Rebates available. The Savers Rebate is based on the Average Savings Balance during the year. The Borrowers Rebate is based on the amount of interest paid on a loan during the year. Once a member qualifies using the above criteria, he or she may receive one or both Appreciation Rebates.
New in 2017! Members who received a 2016 Member Appreciation Rebate also qualify for our MORe Rewards Program. Read below for details of this new credit union give-back program.
MORe Rewards Program
Members who qualify for the Member Appreciation Rebate Program (above) are eligible for the Member Owner Relationship (MORe) Rewards during the following 12 months. Our MORe Rewards Program acknowledges these members with additional opportunities because of their active use of the credit union in the previous year.
MORe Rewards Members receive these special discounts:*
- One waived overdraft fee1
- $10 toward the purchase of a box of checks2
- A 0.25% rate discount on one auto loan or personal loan3
- A 0.25% rate bump on one 12-month CD4
The more you use your credit union, the more you save. If you are a MORe Rewards member, contact us today to start using your MORe Rewards!
*Current MORe Rewards offers expire 1/31/18. Member must qualify for annual Member Appreciation Rebate to use MORe Rewards. MORe Rewards are not transferrable to other members. Limit one reward per category per 12-month cycle. Members may not combine MORe Rewards with other offers.
1) You must contact ESCU for fee refund. 2) Account will be charged the full price for check purchases. A $10 refund will appear on the account within two business days of the initial charge. 3) A $10,000 minimum vehicle loan or $2,500 minimum signature loan required. Current ESCU loans are ineligible for refinance with this offer. Real estate loans, business loans and credit cards are not eligible for offer. All loan applications are subject to loan approval in accordance with our lending policies. 4) CD funds must be new money to ESCU. A $1,000 minimum opening balance is required, with a maximum opening balance of $10,000. All other 12-month CD terms and conditions apply. MORe Rewards bump rate is only for original CD and will not be reapplied to the CD if allowed to roll over at maturity.
ESCU may modify or discontinue this program without notice.
Auto Loan Refinance Program
Do you love your car, but hate your payment? With our Auto Loan Refinance Program, qualifying members* can lower their car payment, and pick a Thank You reward when an existing auto loan is refinanced from another lender to Electro Savings Credit Union.
• 1% cash rebate up to $500 based on the amount of the new Electro Savings loan or,
• Wait to make the first payment on a new Electro Savings loan for 90 days or,
• Receive an instant issue $100 VISA® Gift Card at loan closing
* Information from a credit bureau is used in connection with this program. Qualifying members receive this offer because they satisfied certain credit union criteria for creditworthiness as of the date of the credit bureau information. Details are supplied on qualifying offers. Not all members qualify for this program.
Member Referral Rewards
Share your Electro Savings experience. The best compliment you can give us is a referral. You like us, so spread the word about your credit union.
Tell a friend, co-worker or family member about Electro savings, and we’ll give you $25 when your referral mentions your name and opens a qualifying Checking Account or Loan.*
Plus, your referral receives a $75 VISA Gift Card for opening a qualifying Checking Account or Loan!*
We’ve made it easy for you to spread the word about Electro Savings with your friends, co-workers and family. Print a Member Referral form, or email us and we’ll send you Member Referral Cards to hand out.
* Referral cannot be an existing ESCU member or joint member. New member receives incentive for completing one of the following actions: 1) open a new qualifying checking account with a minimum $100 direct deposit and at least six (6) signature debit card transactions within first 60 days; new account must be open and in good standing for 60 days; or 2) open a new loan with minimum balance of $10,000; new loan must be open and current for 90 days. Current member receives incentive when new referred member meets all incentive qualifications. Both incentives are subject to 1099 reporting. There is no limit to the number of new members an existing member may refer. Limit one incentive payment per new member. Membership eligibility is required.
ESCU may modify or discontinue this offer without notice.
Member Shred Weeks
Free Shred Weeks are available for primary members ages 62 and older, and all primary members who are enrolled in e-statements. The credit union offers shred weeks each quarter. Our 2017 Member Shred Weeks are as follows:
- Monday, February 6 - Saturday, February 11
- Monday, May 8 - Saturday, May 13
- Monday, August 7 - Saturday, August 12
- Monday, November 13 - Saturday, November 18
Eligible members may drop off up to five (5) pounds of personal papers for shredding during lobby hours at any of our four branch locations. In order to ensure security of your personal documents, we require you check in with a Member Service Representative or Teller when dropping off papers.
Clean Up Your Credit with Free Financial Counseling
Over 75% of Electro Savings Credit Union’s employees are Certified Financial Counselors, trained to help our members clean up their credit and enhance their lives through one-on-one financial counseling. If you need help with home budgeting, debt management, credit rebuilding, or any other financial concern, we can help. And best of all, this service is free for Electro Savings members. Your counselor will review your credit report with you thoroughly and help you find areas where you can make improvements.* It's completely free and confidential, and only takes about 30 minutes.
Take the first step, call us today at (314) 434-6470, toll-free (800) 844-8313 to set an appointment with one of our certified financial counselors at our Maryland Heights, Wildwood, Manchester/Ballwin or South County offices. We don’t judge you, we help you!
*Documented approval to pull credit report required, for the purpose of loan review or the request of credit. To qualify for a credit report pull, must be a current member or eligible for membership.
GreenPath Financial Wellness
If you can't make it into one of our branches to meet one-on-one with one of our Certified Financial Counselors, or just prefer not meeting with a counselor face-to-face - you have another option to enhancing your finances with GreenPath Financial Wellness. Click here to learn more.
GreenPath University, part of GreenPath Financial Wellness, is an online resource that includes financial education articles, videos, e-courses, games, calculators and more. We hope you find these tools useful and enjoyable. We encourage you to visit GreenPath University often because the website is updated with current content on a regular basis. Start your path to a better financial future with GreenPath Financial Wellness and GreenPath University.
TruStage® Auto, Home, Health and Life Insurance
Insurance the credit union way.
Insurance protection is part of a solid financial plan. From getting a good rate on coverage for your car to making sure your life insurance is adequate, dependable insurance coverage ensures financial relief when you need it. And along the way, you’ll take comfort in knowing you’re protected.
TruStage insurance products and programs help members protect what matters most. Backed by more than 80 years of working in partnership with credit unions and their members, you’ll find products and programs for life, car, accidental death and dismemberment, and home and more. And they’re only available to credit union members like you.
Welcome to TruStage and insurance the credit union way. To learn more, get quotes or just explore, visit TruStage.com.
© Copyright 2015, TruStage. All Rights Reserved.
TruStage™ insurance products and programs are made available through TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC. Life insurance and AD&D insurance are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company. Auto and Home Insurance Program are issued by leading insurance companies. The insurance offered is not a deposit, and is not federally insured, sold or guaranteed by your credit union.
The Family Security Plan®’s products have been protecting thousands of credit union families for over 40 years. The Family Security Plan® offers voluntary supplemental insurance benefits that fit your lifestyle and budget. Their suite of products includes:
- Whole Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
The Family Security Plan® offers personalized service and will find a plan that fits your unique needs. A personal planner from The Family Security Plan® will help you design a plan specifically for you. Call 855-789-4976 today for a complimentary consultation. Want more information? Visit www.familysecurityplan.com.
Everyone is looking for ways to save money, and that's just what Love My Credit Union Rewards is all about.
As an Electro Savings member, you have exclusive discounts and benefits on products and services you use every day. Credit union members across the U.S. have already saved over $1 billion with Love My Credit Union Rewards discounts. So along with lower loan rates and fewer fees, here’s another way Electro Savings Credit Union members can save even more.
- Save on select regularly priced Sprint monthly service.
- Savings of up to 50% off other popular plans from CU Road Pal
- Save up to $15 on TurboTax Federal tax products Click here to go to TurboTax website.
- Save on services for your home from ADT, DIRECTV, Allied, and more
- Earn cash back when you shop at over 1,500 online retailers with Love to Shop
Start saving today at LoveMyCreditUnion.org.
Download the free Love My CU Rewards app for Android and iPhone
Electro Savings is pleased to offer monthly wireless discounts to our members with the Credit Union Members Sprint Discounts. Ways you can save:
- 10% off* select personal Sprint plans
- 15% off* select business Sprint plans
- Available to new and existing Sprint customers
3 Ways to Get Your Discount:
- Call 877.SAVE.4CU (877.728.3428) and tell them you're a credit union member. Ask to be a part of the NACUC_ZZM Corporate ID to save
- Go to LoveMyCreditUnion.org/Sprint
- Visit your nearest Sprint store
- Start saving with Sprint today!
*Application of discount requires 2-year contract extension on existing plans. Verification of membership is required at time of activation/upgrade. Discount not available on secondary lines for Family and Business Share plans. All rights reserved. Sprint, the logo, and other trademarks are the trademarks of Sprint.
Verify Your Credit Union Membership to Keep Saving with Sprint
If you're already enjoying the savings from this program we want to make sure you can continue to do so. Periodically, Sprint needs participants to verify eligibility so they can receive the discount and waived activation fees. If you're planning on signing up for the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount, you'll need to verify eligibility as well.
New Sprint Customers: You need to verify membership within 30 days of activation.
Current Sprint Customers: You need to provide proof of discount eligibility (credit union membership) when you upgrade your device if it has been 20 or more months since you were last validated.
The verification process is easy and only takes few minutes to complete. Verification will make sure you'll continue to receive the great benefits and exclusive savings that Sprint offers. There are two ways to validate your credit union membership:
- Find the verification form at mysprint.sprint.com/verify
- Members can now verify credit union membership using the Love my CU Rewards app with its simple and secure verification process. And it takes just a few minutes to complete.
Save money and help Children's Miracle Network when you purchase discount tickets to Six Flags St. Louis at any of our four locations. A portion of your ticket purchase is donated to Children's Miracle Network.
|2017 Ticket||Our Price||Main Gate||You Save!|
|One-Day General Admission||$40.00||$71.51||$31.51|
All prices include sales tax. Children 0 to 2 Free
Six Flags Park Hours